Thursday, November 8, 2012

True Love (poem)

 

Define "Love"


"What is love?", he asks.
"Love is making you coffee every morning, knowing it's the first thing you'll look for when you wake up."

"What is love?", she asks.
"Love is glacing at you over the newspaper in my hands, waiting for you to ask me what I'm reading about."

"What is love?", he asks.
"Love is being upset over the increasing winkles and grey hairs, but knowing you'll still look at me the same way you always have."

"What is love?", she asks.
"Love is shaving everyday, even the days that I'm staying home and feeling lazy, knowing you don't like it when I have scruffles."

"What is love?", he asks.
"Love is being used to your snoring at night, and not being able to sleep without the obnoxious rythmn anymore."

"What is love?", she asks.
"Love is realizing that you care for me more than anyone, and coming to appreciate your endless nagging."

"What is love?", they ask.
"Love is growing old together, appreciating the usual, learning to fix the broken, and knowing that you can look at each other and say, 'If I could go back a few decades, I'd still choose to fall in love with you'."

No comments:

Post a Comment