Saturday, March 2, 2013

Life of Pi- THE END?

This is my last, NINTH post on "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel, the book I have chosen for our Canadian novel studies, and struggled with for about a month.
I have to admit, it has been such a long, boring, dreadful way. At first, when we were assigned with this project, all I could ever think of was complaints. "How the heck am I supposed to keep track of how many comments I've posted", "how am I supposed to tweet every week on something totally normal, who's even gonna read them", "why do we need to blog about our reading progress, what good does it do". Last but not least, and my biggest question "Why do we have to be so focused on media when we're supposed to be studying Canadian novel". I honestly still haven't figured out an answer to the last question. It was so overwhelming, so many little side projects to do. With other school works too, I thought it was impossible to get everything done. Looking back at it, I still think it is. Group communication was surprisingly difficult, which is why I feel so accomplished for actually communicating with our group members. We're not completely finished with our project, still having our pecha kucha due on Wednesday, and also the exam that I'm sure I didn't do well on (read the last post) just makes my head feel heavy all over again. Reading the book was such a pain- so many details,  terribly long, and the first half of the book was SO BORING. I did learn many things through this project, as mentioned in the previous posts, all the phantom skills, and the fact that reading a book that you are not interested in will not get you anywhere. If you read a book, and you think it's really boring, just put it down. And maybe come back to it a month or even a year later. Holding on to it and forcing yourself to read defeats the purpose of reading it. 
Anyways, hey, I got through it. We all got through it. Congrats to all Block A and Block B students, I have heard a lot of complaints from you people too, and now we're almost done :)

.. and now I have to go comment on people's blogs. BYE!

4 comments:

  1. Wow I swear all your blog posts are complaints :P was the book at least interesting in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's not true! I think I mentioned in the previous post about how in the middle of the book it gets more interesting. So yes, when Pi is stuck on the boat with the tiger, that's when it starts getting more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it looks like we had totally opposite reactions to the ending of our project. You seem relieved while I felt lonesome? Anyways, everyone needs to get over the beginning because it takes time to really enjoy books :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is a good book in overall, but unfortuntely I didn't get attached to it, otherwise i would've felt "lonesome" too haha

      Delete